So today I have been in the lab working on some new blueprints. I will share those later..sigh…now that they are working. My typical workflow when developing a new blueprint is to go through the installation on a fresh VM provisioned by vRA with the Application Services agent installed. Once I get everything scripted and working I transfer that to Software Components and deploy from there. Today I kept getting errors in scripts, and the commands that I was trying to run reported command not found errors. I did some more investigating and noticed the PATH variable is not set correctly when the software components runs. So to fix this I added a line in each of the scripting steps (Install, Configure, Start) of the software components screen with the following:
Now save and try the deployment again and you should not have errors. Thanx to
@vaficionado for the assist.