It’s the moment you have been waiting for. The easy button to deliver Docker Swarm Clusters on vSphere is here. With all the policy, standards and governance you have come to expect from vRealize Automation.
NOTE: This is using the evaluation installation of Docker Swarm and is considered insecure as there is no TLS between nodes and client. Use this as a building block blueprint to build a secure Docker Swarm Blueprint.
- An installation of vRealize Automation 7 – Enterprise Edition
- A reservation with a static IP pool.
- A CentOS 7 or RHEL 7 blueprint with vRA Agent installed and tested. See my guide here.
- The Docker Swarm Blueprint code downloaded from here.
- vRealize Cloud Client 4 downloaded and installed from here
- A quite place where you will not be interrupted
First, let’s upload the blueprint using cloud client.
Login to cloud client as cloud admin. You will need the Infrastructure Architect and Software Architect Roles
vra login userpass --user tony --tenant vsphere.local --server https://vra-01a.corp.local --password VMware1!
Now import the blueprint you downloaded, make sure you specify the correct path and file name.
vra content import --path C:\temp\DockerSwarm-composite-blueprint.zip --resolution OVERWRITE --precheck WARN --verbose
You will need to update the Manager and Node to point to your template, snapshot (if using Linked Clones) and your customization Spec.
Now go to the Administration tab, Catalog Management, Catalog Items and change the icon and entitle it to a service.
Note, you will find the DockerSwarm Icon here.